2021 was certainly a challenging year for everyone. The pandemic caused many companies to seek innovative solutions to survive the crisis. One of the many measures adopted by several organizations was the implementation of electronic signatures in their HR departments.
Whoever used to push the digitization of documents with their bellies, started to realize the importance of automation! After all, the electronic signature makes life easier for Human Resources professionals and employees, streamlining the admission process.
Do you want to modernize your company, improve results and streamline processes? Think about adopting the electronic signature! In doing so, your HR department will benefit from several benefits, such as:
- accelerate the recruitment of new employees;
- increase team productivity;
- have a unified data management;
- decrease costs;
- get faster approvals;
- offer more benefits to employees.
In partnership with SmallPDF, HR Consultants UKy has prepared a text with everything you need to know about this innovation. So, we invite you to accompany. Good reading.
How does the electronic signature work?
In times of pandemic and employees working in home office, any technology or facility that comes to add to the day to day of companies is welcome.
With that in mind, many companies no longer live without an electronic signature. But after all, what is it and how does it work?
THE electronic signature minimizes bureaucracy, paperwork and delays involved in hiring processes. Thanks to this, you are able to formalize contracts without having to personally attend the place where this signature would take place – a notary, for example.
In other words, electronic signature is a way to authenticate documents without the need to use a manual paper signature.
The process is secure because it requires several requirements for the validation of a document:
- integrity: the guarantee that the document or file has not been altered after signature, using data such as time and date;
- authenticity: the guarantee that the person who signed the document is really who he claims to be, through the IP record of the equipment used at the time of signature;
- not repudiation: the guarantee that the person who signed it cannot deny the validity of the document.
But will the electronic signature has legal validity?
The answer is yes! This innovation is ensured by Provisional Measure 2,200 / 2001-2, which can be considered one of the first government actions that regulated electronic transitions in the country.
This measure was created with the objective of differentiating the digital signature from other electronic actions, giving the same legal value as a signature with a recognized signature.
With that in mind, the electronic signature cannot be considered “just a choice”, but a trend that is here to stay. Organizations that seek growth and competitiveness cannot be left behind when it comes to streamlining their daily lives!
The different types of electronic signatures
THE Law 14,063 / 2021 it has undergone several modifications, and currently allows for a greater range of documents that can be digitally validated.
About 50% of UK residents public services who need information or scheduling can be done through the electronic signature, thanks to changes sanctioned for the expansion of this resource
According to this Law, electronic signatures are classified as:
- simple signature: allows you to identify the signatory in a simplified way, associating data with other information in the signer's electronic format. It can be used in interactions with less impact that do not involve sensitive information. Examples: information requirements, expert appointments, medical appointments, etc.
- advanced subscription: allows any subsequent modifications to the document to be detectable. Uses certificates not issued by ICP-Brasil, as long as admitted by the parties as valid. Examples: registration of acts before commercial boards.
- qualified signature: produced from an ICP-Brasil digital certificate. Examples: issuing invoices, transferring and registering properties, etc.
Each of these classifications has different degrees of technical requirements and levels of safety.
It is also good to remember that there is a difference between electronic signature and digital signature. Did you know?
Electronic signature it is a broader term that involves all types of firms that use electronic means as validation. An example is when you need a password to perform an operation. Another example is the use of digital printing.
Both electronic and digital signatures are legally valid modalities. However, the main difference is that digital signature uses cryptographic keys to attach a unique code to the document. A simple attempt at tampering makes the signature invalid.
Therefore, the term “digital signature” is more specific, while the electronic signature refers to a group of possibilities.
What are the benefits of electronic signature in HR?
If you still don't use electronic signatures in your company, you're missing out on the opportunity to streamline your employees' processes and activities!
So if you want to increase Human Resources results, adopt everything that makes it more innovative and efficient, this includes electronic signature, which is an excellent strategy to improve the management of people and the business itself.
With this innovation, you can sign documents anywhere and on any device. Therefore, we bring the main benefits for you to start adopting this facility in your hiring processes. Check out:
- accelerate the recruitment of employees: you can reduce the time of admission so that the new employee is no longer waiting weeks before starting work;
- increase team productivity: Do you imagine having to spend office hours looking for badly organized documents or having a lost document? The electronic signature reduces your employee's hours of work so that he uses that time for what really matters;
- create unified data management: keeping the documents in a single system facilitates the organization of the company and allows access to the files by multiple professionals (as long as authorized);
- decrease costs: often companies need to cut spending, but they don't know what to reduce first. So, start with the simplest. Electronic signature allows you to reduce expenses with document logistics, paperwork, printing and even storage;
- get faster approvals: by digitizing your company's basic processes, you can get documents approved faster, such as licenses and expenses;
- offer employee benefits: the employee can withdraw FGTS, apply for unemployment insurance and retirement.
See, how important is it to digitize documents and automate processes?
The great crisis that the coronavirus imposed transformed the reality of organizations, which awoke to the use of technology!
The uses of electronic signatures
We've already seen some of the applications of this innovation for companies or businesses, right?
Now, if you still think it's too little, take a look at more possibilities that electronic signatures can bring to your company:
- Commercial area: subscription to internet and cable TV services; rental contracts; purchase and sale contracts.
- People management area: employment contract; delivery of materials; receipts; health insurance.
- Financial area: banking operations; issuing invoices; accounting information.
- Juridical area: legal documents; contracts; corporate documents.
With the electronic signature, you gain time and more security in the bureaucratic part of your business, since this innovation is provided for by law. Your data will be protected by various validation schemes.
In times of pandemic, this is even more relevant to prevent the spread of the virus, since it eliminates some queues and agglomerations both in companies and public agencies.
How to make electronic signature?
After all, how can you make an electronic signature? It is complicated? Is the process free?
Generally, documents that allow the inclusion of a digital signature are in PDF format, as it provides greater security and reliability. However, there are also other types.
In the case of a PDF document, just follow the step by step:
- Access a tool for signing PDF to perform the subscription.
- Upload the document that needs to be signed;
- Choose the option “Place the signature” to create a new signature;
- Then, drag the signature onto the document;
- Click “Finish” and download your document.
The electronic signature in PDF is simple and fast!
Signers receive a secure link via email and all file transfers are protected with 256-bit SSL encryption. This type of encryption is military-grade security that guarantees you more privacy when exchanging files and signatures online.
In addition, the tool works on any browser and device, including Windows, Mac and Linux. The files sent on the servers are deleted after 1 hour.
You understood the importance of taking your document management to the virtual realm, as this eliminates much of the bureaucracy of the handwritten signature!
Therefore, to bring more agility and efficiency to the HR sector, invest in the electronic signature.